Reasons Why You Should Do Bodyweight Training
Bodyweight training is a type of strength training that doesn’t need one to use free weights or machines as they exercise, but use only their own body weight to provide resistance against gravity. There are a lot of benefits that come when you do bodyweight exercises because there is both progression and regression in every exercise that you do. Exercises such as push ups, pull-ups, lunges, squats are some examples of body weight exercises. Most magazines show people with built muscles, but almost all have done it with weight lifting, but it is also possible to build muscles through bodyweight exercises?
Doing simple body weight exercises are good for increasing endurance, strength, flexibility and improve one's health. You don’t need to lift something heavy so as to increase your strength, your body may also be used to offer resistance. Some of the reasons why bodyweight training is the best includes:
· It is a super-efficient workout as one can transition from one level to the next. When you do short but intense High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts you can get many positive results, just as the person doing weight training. You will not need to go to the gym to do these exercises and you don’t need a lot of space or equipment, just your body.
· This type of training has a great impact on the body metabolism and also has after burn effects which both help in burning fat faster when you are done with exercising. Combine this with a good diet, you are assured of losing weight much faster than when you do cardio alone.
· You can combine strength, such as pushups together with cardio exercises such as high knees or burpees and this to will encourage strength and muscle development. You will get to see the results in your performance and strength gain throughout your body!
· You will gain core strength because most of the simple bodyweight exercises engage various muscles in the body hence shape and sculpt the muscles. You will not get tight abs but you will gain a better posture, improve overall performance and relief from lower back stress.
· With bodyweight training, you get to fix mobility issues and gain balance because most of these exercises demand greater mobility. Doing functional movements such as squats help increase balance through body control and awareness and they increase your flexibility as well build strength.
· It is very easy to prevent injuries when doing bodyweight exercises because there is no possibility that you will drop weights on your toes. However, you can have some minor injury and in case you feel pain, you can easily modify the exercises to your ability level, hence giving you the ability to develop better control and awareness of your motions. Actually, many of the bodyweight exercises are an effective option for rehabilitation.
Therefore, you can exercise anywhere and at any time with bodyweight exercises. An all rounded, strong body is good for boosting your stamina and will give you extra energy when you need it.
"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"